a love affair.
what a woman.
some people don’t like her, hate her, and/or ask why i love her. well…
first and foremost, i love john lennon and she made him happy.
secondly, all that she has done since john’s death, and her dedication to carrying on john’s messgage of peace.
some of her projects/highlights include:
- the onochord (i ii iii).
- wish trees, which i’ve made a tradition at my campus every spring.
- imagine peace tower, which was one of john’s dreams.
- the continuance of the “WAR IS OVER (IF YOU WANT IT)” campaign every holiday season, and which i also do on my campus before the end of the fall semester.
- her website, imaginepeace.com, which exudes peace and love.
- her music—it’s eccentric, but it’s profound and i love it. (“Between My Head And The Sky” is her latest, and it’s remarkable.)
- her art, which is truly remarkable and original.
- her sheer brilliance and ability to inspire with ease.
- her life.
there is so much more to mention (i.e. her support of the lgbt community and amnesty international and aung san suu kyi), but i’d be here for days if i went any further.
i truly love yoko ono. i urge you to please look into 1-3 of the above list. i assure you that it will open your eyes to what kind of person she truly is.
yoko lives for peace and radiates love.
she is such an incredible inspiration to me.
i ii iii, yoko.
this sits beside my bed. i see it first thing in the am, and it’s the last thing i see before bed.
“WAR IS OVER (IF YOU WANT IT)!”
if we all want it, and work towards it being so, it will be.
dream it tonight.
wake up and make it come to fruition.
“A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” -Yoko Ono
think peace. act peace. spread peace. imagine peace.
much peace and lots of love to all you beautiful people.